InspIRCd Security Advisory 2020-01
The pgsql module before v2.0.29 and v3.6.0 contains a use after free vulnerability. When combined with the sqlauth or sqloper modules this vulnerability can be used to remotely crash an InspIRCd server by any user able to connect to a server.
This vulnerability is present in the following releases:
- All versions of v2 before v2.0.29
- All versions of v3 before v3.6.0
This vulnerability is fixed in versions 2.0.29 and 3.6.0. It is strongly recommended that all affected users upgrade.
If upgrading is not possible then the pgsql module should be unloaded.
- 2020-04-22 — A crash vulnerability was reported to the InspIRCd team.
- 2020-04-23 — The cause of the crash was identified by the InspIRCd team and a fix was prepared.
- 2020-04-24 — InspIRCd v2.0.29 and v3.6.0 were released with a fix for the crash vulnerability.