|The branch on which the release is happening.
|The previous release's version number or the previous branch if the release is the first on that branch.
|The Git remote for the main InspIRCd repository.
|The new release's version number.
- Close the release milestone on GitHub.
- Ensure that the branch tip builds with no warnings. Checking Travis CI is helpful as it builds with
- Update the version in
src/version.sh and commit it.
- Tag the release with
git tag VERSION.
git push UPSTREAM BRANCH and
git push UPSTREAM VERSION.
- Add a GitHub release for the VERSION on tag.
- Generate a list of contributors for the news post using
git log --pretty=' - %aN' PREVIOUS...VERSION | sort -fu
- Create a news post on the website using the list of contributors from the previous step.
- Mark the new news post as featured and unmark the old one.
- Update the change log on the documentation site.
- If the release is stable then update
misc.currentVersion in the website config to VERSION.
- Update the topic in
#InspIRCd.dev on ChatSpike.
- Post a link to the news post on the InspIRCd Twitter account and, if notable, on /r/irc.